As a pediatric dentist, Dr. Aaron Christensen has assembled a skilled team that loves working with children of all ages. We create a secure family-based environment here where your child can feel at home. Your child will be treated like we would want our children treated, by friendly staff members every time they visit us.
When Should I Bring My Child to the Dentist for their First Visit?
Dental care should begin while your child is young, generally six months after the eruption of the first tooth or by the child’s first birthday. We are happy to accept pediatric patients of all ages at Christensen Pediatric Dental. Regardless of their age, we will do everything we can to make them feel comfortable and safe!
Why are Baby Teeth So Important?
Primary teeth are important because they:
- Allow proper chewing, and therefore nutrition
- Hold space for permanent teeth to emerge correctly later on
- Promote the normal development of the jaw bones and facial muscles
- Assist with accurate speech development
- Affect your child’s self-image
What Should I Expect During My Child’s First Dental Visit?
You and your child will be greeted by caring experts. We will explain every step of the appointment to you and your child. During your first visit, you can expect:
- A review of your child’s nutrition and at-home oral care habits
- Questions and suggestions regarding pacifiers and thumb sucking
- A look at injury prevention
- An analysis of your child’s risk factors for decay, disease, or injury
Dr. Christensen and his staff will carefully examine and clean your child’s teeth. He will answer any questions you may have about protecting your child’s smile.
Our mission is to provide high quality dental care in a fun and safe environment! We will do everything we can to help your children learn to trust our team and feel confident in the care they receive. We will educate your children and you and encourage your efforts to develop good dental habits for a lifetime.
At Christensen Pediatric Dental, we know that your children deserve the best. We always maintain excellence through continuing education, modern technology, and customized dentistry. We hope you’ll be able to discover a pattern of integrity at Christensen Pediatric Dental. Call today!