As a pediatric dentistry, we have assembled a skilled team that loves working with children of all ages. We create a secure, family-based environment where your child can feel right at home. They will be met by friendly, gentle staff every time they visit us.
When Should I Bring My Child to the Dentist for Their First Visit?
Dental care should begin while your child is young—generally six months after the eruption of their first tooth or by the child’s first birthday. We are happy to accept pediatric patients of all ages at Christensen Pediatric Dental. Regardless of their age, we will do everything we can to make them feel comfortable and safe!
Why Are Baby Teeth So Important?
It is a common misconception that baby teeth don’t matter much. If they are damaged or injured, it’s not a big deal, because they will eventually fall out anyway, to be replaced by adult teeth.
Unfortunately, this isn’t true at all. In fact, primary teeth are vitally important for a number of reasons. They:
- Allow proper chewing, and therefore sufficient nutrition.
- Hold space for permanent teeth to emerge correctly later on.
- Promote the normal development of the jaw bones and facial muscles.
- Assist with accurate speech development.
- Affect your child’s self-image.
- Directly affect the health of the adult teeth that replace them.
By keeping their baby teeth healthy, you are giving your children a better foundation for dental health into their adult years.
What Should I Expect During My Child’s First Dental Visit?
You and your child will be greeted by our caring professionals. We will explain every step of the appointment to you and your child. During your first visit, you can expect:
- A review of your child’s nutrition and at-home oral care habits.
- Questions and suggestions regarding pacifiers and thumb sucking.
- A look at injury prevention.
- An analysis of your child’s risk factors for decay, disease, or injury.
Dr. Christensen and our staff will then carefully examine and clean your child’s teeth. We will answer any questions you may have about protecting your child’s smile.
Our mission is to provide high quality dental care in a fun and safe environment! We will do everything we can to help your children learn to trust our team and feel confident in the care they receive. We will educate your children and encourage your efforts to develop good dental habits for a lifetime.
Make Christensen Pediatric Your Dentistry of Choice for Your Child’s First Dental Appointment
At Christensen Pediatric Dental, we know that your children deserve the highest quality healthcare available. We always maintain excellence through continuing education, modern technology, and customized dentistry.
We hope you’ll be able to discover our pattern of quality and integrity at Christensen Pediatric Dental. Call today!